Anytime title request trial extended to term 2
We have been pleased with the uptake of the anytime title request trial in term 1 and have decided to extend the trial until the end of term 2 2018.
Use our lending service — get books from us in 2018
In response to feedback and as part of our process of continuous improvement, we've changed our 2018 lending offer to provide a more flexible service to all of New Zealand’s schools.
The main changes are:
- A whole-school resource loan, made up of resources to support inquiry and reading engagement, will be available to all schools 4 times over the year (i.e. once per term). Each whole-school resource loan will be issued for one term.
The ordering process allows more flexibility so that loans can be tailored to a school’s particular needs. Within the order process, schools can:
- choose the mix of inquiry and/or reading engagement books
- indicate the number of students the request supports
- ask for a reading engagement ‘top-up’ of great books, matched to the school’s profile.
- For term 1 2018, we will trial an anytime title request service for all schools. This trial has been extended to term 2.
- Schools can access more books over the full year compared to 2017.
Schools and home educators need to be registered with Services to Schools to access our lending service. Each school can nominate up to 2 loan coordinators. Schools do not need to re-register if already registered. Home educators need to register annually.
2018 changes to our lending service gives more details about the changes.